Improvised performances right here in your web browser.
What’s it for?
- Make music and performance art!
- Build a community of performers around the world
- Give aspiring improvisers an ensemble to rehearse with
- Give composers a set of virtual collaborators to develop interactive compositions
- Highlight the nature of communications technology as not-so-transparent factors in our communication and creativity
- Use the network as a creative constraint, not a substitute for live presence
Using the structure of today’s screen-mediated communications, these performers contribute their parts one at a time, responding to what was played before, and together they build “born digital” performances that expose the delays and glitches of network communications and make something genuinely *human* with it. As the audience, we witness performances that only exist in our web browsers, in the moments we’re viewing it. There can be no “definitive version” of the performance!